January 29, 2018
Location: Bay Area
Working primarily in the Demo Lab, this person will develop expertise and application knowledge in electron/focused ion beam (FIB-SEM) and x-ray microscopy (XRM) systems and be responsible for customer demos, training and sample preparation. This position reports to VP Semi Manufacturing Technology.
Additional Responsibilities include:
Maintain the demonstration equipment in an optimized condition in order to deliver its best performance.
Perform basic service and level-1 troubleshooting tasks on FIB-SEM and XRM instruments.
Capable of delivering and presenting application topics in conferences and workshops.
Provide sales support and technical expertise.
- Writing of scientific publications and application materials is highly encouraged.
- Budgeting consumables, sample preparation equipment and inventories.
- Sample evaluation and demonstration.
- Plan, track and manage time slots for sample evaluation.
- Develop best practices for sample preparation for optimal imaging results.
- Collect / create marketing collateral. Prepare application notes and white papers.
- Assure demo equipment is optimized in order to deliver its best performance condition.
Conduct on-site application training for install-based.
Work closely with sales and service functions.
Required to travel and participate in scientific conferences and workshops.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
Bachelor or Master Degree or PhD in Physics, Material Science or Chemistry.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in operating e-beam systems and its applications. Lab experience with semiconductor samples is preferred.
- Customer-oriented focus.
- Good communicating and inter-personal skills.
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin