April 27, 2017
Location: Greater Boston
Salary: Competitive & Stock Options
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Battery Scientist to serve as the primary technical interface with its customers and joint development partners. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly-talented people in its team of battery scientists, materials scientists, engineers, product managers, and business development team, while also working closely with external partners and customers.
The Battery Scientist and External Liaison will work closely with the Battery Science team and Product Managers to respond to technical questions and data requests from external partners and customers. The role will also collaborate with the Business Development team during technical introduction meetings with prospective customers and partners.
- Present technical introduction slides to prospective customers and partners during meetings set up by the company’s Business Development team.
- Receive inquiries from partners/customers.
- Provide response by utilizing data and descriptions which have already been gathered. Determine best format for response including call, email, PowerPoint presentation, or other.
- Determine cells and tests required to respond if data is not already available.
- Work with cell build team to put cell builds and tests on schedule.
- Work up data after tests conclude.
- Consolidate technical data into presentations with clear takeaways.
- Present findings to partners/customers.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, electrochemistry, materials science, or other battery science.
- 5+ years’ experience in lithium metal or lithium ion batteries.
- Experience presenting to and collaborating with customers and development partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Skillfulness at making and presenting slides in PowerPoint. Ability to consolidate technical data into presentations with clear takeaways.
- Ability to plan experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to convert technical requests from outside companies into internal experiments to address requests.
- Ability and desire to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment.
Associate: Jean M. Nolan