August 18, 2016
Location: Bay Area
Company is a leading provider of next generation metrology used to monitor and control films and critical layers deployed in the semiconductor manufacturing process. The Marketing Director will lead customer facing and external marketing activities. The primary focus is penetration and strategic business alignment of products, roadmaps and customers to satisfy their needs and grow the business. The role owns and executes marketing strategy development, requirement development, competitive assessment and positioning, providing sales force with marketing tools and engaging with customers regarding future roadmaps. This position reports to VP Marketing.
- Understand the customer challenges and needs.
- Become solution technology authority including system high level and technology value to customers, market competition and markets trends.
- Develop sales tools and collateral with product managers and sales, market analysis, presentations, and other related information.
- Assist in developing the core positioning and messaging for the product portfolios.
- Act as a leader within the company: Lead and motivate a cross-functional team to refine the feature set and evolve the solution, based on customer feedback and changes in the marketplace.
- Facilitate big-picture vision, then drive to make that vision a reality with in-depth detail driven plan.
- Responsible for solution positioning.
- Perform market research, analysis and assimilate relevant information, business potential and market trends.
- Engage with customers and JDAs to project new market requirements and trends.
- Conduct competition analysis.
- Create and conduct topical presentations at conferences.
- Manage and coordinate marcom activities with HQ.
- Conduct comprehensive go-to-market plan
- 5 – 10 years of experience in marketing of capital equipment in the semiconductor industry.
- Proven experience working with customers as a marketing leader.
- In-depth understanding of semiconductor process and interaction within semiconductor production FAB.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and define new opportunities to expand the concept of content throughout company’s total solution.
- Ability to closely monitor industry trends, competitive new products or programs and primary/secondary market opportunities.
- Ability to obtain and reflect deep understanding of customer and market trends.
- Must hold a unique combination of business and technical savvy.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually; aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to negotiate with Executives, Product Managers, and Engineers on new functionality as well as enhancements; ability to create and present a successful case.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Persuasive powers. Ability to lead, motivate and drive without authority (matrix).
- Excellent presentation skills and methodological (verbal and technical).
- Prepared to travel about 30 – 40% of time to customers all over the world.
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin