May 11, 2017
Location: San Jose, CA
OEM Teams are on the front end (sometimes years in advance) of most R&D technology at the OEM tool makers that will eventually be rolled out into the End User sites. This position is critical as he/she will heavily influence where the company needs to go in product design in order to be prepared when new OEM Systems are deployed to the End Users. Applications Engineer – US OEM reports to Senior Global OEM Account Manager.
Work with key customer engineers to integrate products into customer systems as default standard.
Work with customer engineers to determine the product requirements; communicate the requirements to management and product development teams.
Influence product development by identifying key customer and product issues and potential solutions.
Manage multiple short and long term projects from inception to closure.
Develop and distribute an expressed understanding of customer’s stated and apparent roadmaps for systems development for vacuum and gas management related products.
Work closely with account team to ensure full awareness of commercial and technical requirements of all projects.
Maintain an awareness of technical and commercial competitive position with respect to customer’s product and process roadmaps.
Work with Product Managers and Product Specialists to ensure relevant product issues are addressed and exploit technical advantages.
Contribute to the development of overall business and product strategies including an awareness of potential competitor technical capabilities.
Provide on-site technical support as required.
Travel 25 – 30%.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage people. Interface and drive projects with cross-functional teams. Understand and operate in high visibility customer relationships.
- Proficient managing multiple projects and ability to leverage and influence internal/external resources.
- Familiarity with Semiconductor, Solar or LED manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Experienced and comfortable at the customer interface.
- Ability to develop working relationships with customer engineers and managers.
- Ability to influence departments and peers.
- Sensitive to the commercial and marketing issues underlying the technical work being undertaken.
- Knowledgeable with project management to influence and manage resources.
- Knowledge of products and engineering capabilities a plus.
BS in Engineering or higher. MBA desirable.
Semiconductor, Solar or LED manufacturing equipment and processes.
Vacuum and abatement experience a plus. Applications experience a plus.
- Demonstrated project management success.
- Work and develop good cross-functional team relationships.
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin