March 30, 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC
Salary: Salary & Stock Options; Comprehensive Benefits
Our client is revolutionizing textile manufacturing in a variety of ways – sustainability, energy efficiency, lower capital and operating costs, color technology, and competitive advantages in performance wear. Due to significant advancements within the past 3-6 months, the company is seeking to expand and therefore hiring a Senior Chemical Process Engineer.
He/she will develop chemical processes on novel atmospheric plasma based apparatus. The development will encompass improving existing chemistries for a variety of substrates as well as exploring novel chemistries for providing new functionality to substrates. Many substrates will be novel and customer-provided.
Design, execute and analyze experiments.
Perform chemical process optimization in terms of functionality, processing speed and cost.
Provide adequately documented feedback to hardware design team.
Work effectively and cross-functionally with internal hardware development, equipment partners, customer R&D and customer manufacturing.
Prepare reports as necessary to document internal development work as well as customer applications work.
Minimal travel required.
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or related technical field.
- 5-10 years’ industry experience.
- Preferred industry and/or academic experience in UV curing of monomers, color chemistry, curing, coatings, and surface treatment of textiles/films/substrates.
- Must be a self-starter and hands-on contributor.
- Strong personnel skills: Must be able to develop good working relationships with external customers, various internal groups, and work as a team member.
- Strong analytical skills: Utilize effective troubleshooting and problem solving techniques as applied to both chemical processes and processing equipment.
- Physical: Be able to work in close proximity to RF sources.
- Special skills: Computer Literacy with skills in Design of Experiments software (i.e. JMP) Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience and expertise in Statistical Analysis including DOE and SPC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills a must.
- Able to travel nationally and internationally.
Associate: Jean M. Nolan