March 06, 2019
Location: San Jose, CA or Prescott, AZ
Client is the largest U.S. based supplier of virgin silicon wafers, wafer reclaim services and specialty thin film deposition products. Through multiple acquisitions, company has become a consolidation of synergistic segments of the semiconductor supply chain that provides our clients with a comprehensive menu of product offerings.
Company is seeking a visionary and strategic operations executive with proven execution, technical, business, and leadership skills to drive its manufacturing, supply chain, and facilities operations. The executive must creatively and prudently determine options to efficiently increase and maintain capacity in a market of tightening specifications and expanding requirements while maintaining a laser focus on improving yield, effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, and customer responsiveness in operations/supply chain. Quality, safety/health, and environmental compliance and support is essential.
The leader must be able to recruit, hire, and manage personnel in a tight labor market. Seamlessly balancing strategy and vision with detailed execution is a core requirement. The executive must be able to technically and managerially understand the customer market and processes.
As a Vice President, you'll be partnering across the global organization and will lead highly visible and globally influential initiatives with significant impact on company financials. Directing a team of internal fab managers, the Vice President will also build and sustain the necessary tools and processes to execute strategic operational initiatives throughout the wafer fabrication space. This position reports directly to CEO.
- Manage all operations from raw materials procurement through customer delivery.
- Identify and execute aggressive strategic, growth, operational, quality, project, and financial goals and plans with relevant metrics to drive performance.
- Build/manage a high-performing team, including requisite subject matter experts.
- Drive supply chain design, selection, and performance to enable growth, improve operational and financial results, and enhance customer responsiveness.
- Establish/improve processes and systems to economically increase customer satisfaction and intimacy, increasing competitive differentiation.
- Lead as a member of the senior management team to optimize overall company long and short term profitability and valuation.
Basic Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field. Engineering/science graduate degrees and/or MBAs are preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in semiconductor or solar panel manufacturing with significant experience and expertise in wafer/substrate/panel processing and operations/supply chain/quality/facilities management.
- Thorough understanding of strategic planning, production planning and execution, supply chain management, yield management, capacity management, measurement systems & data analysis, process capability & stability, and statistics.
- Excellent business acumen with outstanding analytical, organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should be able to manage multi-location production facilities across the USA.
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin