March 14, 2019
Location: Greater Boston Area
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated production leader with strong, hands-on technical and management experience in polymer film extrusion and compounding. The individual needs to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly talented people and the autonomy to manage and grow a film extrusion and compounding group ramping to mass production. The position reports to the VP of Operations and is located in the Greater Boston area.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in mechanical, materials science, manufacturing.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with hands-on equipment experience with film extrusion and compounding.
- 3+ years’ experience in managing a group of technicians.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical role responsible for film extrusion and compounding.
- Expertise in continuous improvement, Kaizen events, Lean six sigma and 5S.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software, data analysis and graphical presentation.
- Start-up experience a plus, the ability to work under minimal supervision with attention to detail and organized record-keeping habits.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Production Manager will support the company’s LCP product manufacturing efforts by optimizing and managing the film extrusion and compounding of LCP film. In this role, the Production Manager will be responsible for managing the workflow of technicians to meet productivity goals, evaluating and optimizing the equipment and processes, developing and managing a comprehensive equipment spares and maintenance program, and defining and executing a growth plan to support a ramp to mass production.
- Develop and execute a mass production growth plan for film extrusion and compounding.
- Provide daily supervision and manage workflow of the production technicians.
- Lead continuous improvement activities for increased productivity and quality.
- Identify and propose materials and equipment for improved production processes.
- Plan and execute the staffing of production technicians to meet the overall company growth plans.
Associate: Jean M. Nolan