October 07, 2019
Location: Greater Boston Area
Our client has invented a novel polymer electrolyte material that is on the verge of revolutionizing energy storage. Significant improvements in battery safety, performance and cost are achievable with ionic conductivities that exceed those of traditional liquid systems over a wide range of temperatures. These improvements promise to speed the electrification of transportation and the transition to clean and renewable sources of energy, as well as enable safer and longer-lasting consumer electronic devices.
The company is based in the Greater Boston area, where it has built a team of experts in polymer processing and battery technology. Backed by leading venture capitalists, the company is now poised to scale up its core polymer technology.
The company is seeking a senior technical expert to lead the scale-up of our polymer powder manufacturing. The Senior Powder Processing Engineer must have extensive powder processing experience, including all aspects of equipment specification, production ramp-up experience, and quality control. This position reports to the VP of Operations and will work closely with a Polymer Development Team.
- B.S. or graduate degree in mechanical, materials science or manufacturing engineering.
- Significant powder processing experience, specifically with thermal processes and particle sizing, polymer processing experience desired but not required.
- 5S, Lean Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate well to senior management.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software, data analysis and graphical presentation.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment with the special challenges of a start-up company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic direction for polymer powder manufacturing. Drive the specification, purchase, installation, qualification and optimization of equipment.
- Provide input to the Polymer Development team to impact the mechanical properties of the polymer to support high volume, high quality manufacturing.
- Develop quality checkpoints and implement world-class process monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Support companywide 5S initiatives and drive continuous improvement activities after initial commissioning of the polymer powder manufacturing line.
Associate: Jean M. Nolan