May 15, 2018
Location: Greater Boston
Our client is seeking a technical expert to lead the scale-up of its polymer film extrusion continuous roll process. The Polymer Processing Engineer must have extensive polymer continuous roll manufacturing experience, including all aspects of equipment specification, production ramp-up experience, and quality control. This position reports to the VP of Operations and will work closely with a Polymer Development Team.
- B.S. or graduate degree in mechanical, materials science or manufacturing engineering
- Significant continuous roll manufacturing experience
- A minimum of 3 years of Lithium ion battery or related advanced technologies with experience on advanced lithium ion battery materials and solid electrolytes a plus
- Plan, develop, and execute Design of Experiment (DOE) for fabrication and testing of lithium-ion cells
- 5S, Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
- Ability to communicate well to senior management
- Hands-on experiences in various analytical tools desired
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment with the special challenges of a start-up company
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic direction for continuous roll polymer manufacturing. Drive the specification, purchase, installation and qualification of equipment.
- Provide input to the Polymer Development team to impact the mechanical properties of the polymer to support high volume, high quality roll-to-roll manufacturing.
- Develop quality checkpoints and implement world-class process monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Support companywide 5S initiatives and drive continuous improvement activities after initial commissioning of the roll-to-roll polymer manufacturing line.
Associate: Jean M. Nolan