January 15, 2019
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Our client is a world renowned manufacturer of advanced inspection and measurement equipment for semiconductor and many other applications. The Application Scientist will play a crucial role in continued development and support of a new leading edge metrology product.
- Together with a worldwide team of application engineers you will work on the implementation of the new metrology tool in semiconductor production processes.
- Work jointly and hands-on with customer’s process engineers and development personnel on process improvement.
- Consult and support the customer in data interpretation and resulting adaptation of tool application.
- Perform application troubleshooting, provide training and technical support to customers on the product.
- Lead on-site Joint Development projects with customers worldwide to better understand and support the value chain and workflows of key customers.
- Ensure launch readiness for new applications in cooperation with Product Management, R&D and Operations.
- Plan and conduct customer demonstrations accurately and reliably, both in-house and on-site.
- Identify new market opportunities and translate this knowledge into tool requirements.
- Assess tool improvement and change requirements in coordination with R&D management and personnel.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics or Chemistry.
- Several years of hands-on experience on advanced semiconductor processes and equipment (CVD, Epitaxy, Etch, Cleaning, etc.).
- Deep understanding of mass spectrometry is desirable.
- Experience in using high level numerical software such as Python for data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex equipment containing mechanical, electrical, and software components.
- Solutions focused, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with integrity and in a positive manner.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and growth.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 30%.
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin