August 01, 2019
Location: Bay Area
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible to define and drive the 3D X-ray microscope product portfolio strategy and the roadmap of solutions, modules and features to serve the multiple market sectors and the wide breath of applications of each. The PMM understands the customer needs and voice, the competition SWOT, product marketing fundamentals, and how best to weight the many factors—pro and con—in product decisions. S/he uses these skills, along with her/his judgment, to successfully define, position, evangelize, support, improve, and grow the business of our products. Finally, the PMM will have strong experience and skills in product life cycle management, and project management, to implement projects across the organization. This position reports to Senior Director, Product Marketing.
The Product Marketing Manager will lead in the following activities:
- Driving product business success while understanding and mitigating program risks.
- Partnering closely with Sector Marketing group to validate new concepts with market experts.
- Owning the product life cycle execution while influencing involvement of diverse functional groups.
- Defining and documenting product requirements, including upgradeability, reliability and regulatory.
- Developing the roadmap, business-case, and feasibility to serve the needs of multiple market segments and to position for success against the competition.
- Defining and driving timely product launch plans involving multiple functional groups, with an eye to positioning, branding, and pricing. Evangelizing new products within the company.
- Working with 3rd party vendors to develop relationships, define requirements, drive development programs, and productize new capabilities to enhance company solutions.
- Owning the product sustaining cross-functional effort to provide timely support to customers, sales, and other stake holders in the business of our products.
- Working strategically with key account managers to address evolving needs and to support strategic business development opportunities.
Experience, Skills and Education Requirements:
- Strong technical background (Master’s degree in technical field, minimum).
- Previous experience in PMM role preferred.
- Experience with microscopy research industry (5+ years) and/or capital equipment. Experience with computed tomography and/or X-ray imaging and/or 3D visualization techniques in microscopy, preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and experience. Agile development experience preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to comprehend and translate complex concepts and technologies into business-oriented value propositions.
- Ability to influence collaboratively with cross-functional business partners.
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, establish and align priorities, and make good decisions even in the absence of some desired information.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin