July 06, 2017
Location: Boulder, CO
Salary: Competitive salary and benefit programs, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability programs and a 401(k) plan.
Our client is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. Based in the Rocky Mountains, this opportunity offers an exceptional and rewarding professional environment as well as a most desirable place to live. Join a team working on the development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters for diverse technologies and applications. This is a non-smoking campus with an emphasis on health and well-being, including an on-site clinic for employees’ use.
The dynamic R&D team is seeking an Analytical Aerosol Scientist to complete the breadth of talent necessary for the advanced product offerings demanded by the markets it serves. This is a key contributor position, driving designs of new industry leading particle metrology instrumentation. In this role the candidate will have a direct impact on new product development, best known methods identification and ensuring the global team is provided with industry leading technical expertise. Work requires creativity, originality and judgment in the independent development, evaluation, selection and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
Position Requirements include the following:
- PhD or equivalent experience in aerosol science, physics, engineering or electro-optics with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Aerosol Science instrumentation design with proven record of publications, patents, etc.
- Direct experience with condensation particle counter (CPC) technology and instrumentation design
- Experience with using computational software (such as Finite Element Analysis, COMSOL, etc.) to design and optimize instrumentation
- Experience and proven ability to develop efficient design of experiments
- Experience with the development of design specifications and/or statements of work
- Experience with the development of test specifications and test methods
- Experience with analyzing test results and recommending design iteration
- A proven track record of successful technology development in a hands-on research role
- Project and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a global team
Associate: Jean M. Nolan