August 01, 2018
Location: Greater Boston Area
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated battery test database developer to design, develop, test, implement and maintain a relational database of consolidated battery test data. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly talented people on the team of battery scientists, materials scientists, engineers, product managers and operations team.
- BA/BS Computer Science
- 3+ years’ work experience
- Strong Database experience needed, including design, ORM and frontend/web-side coding. Database can be PostGreSQL, Azure, MongoDB, or Microsoft SQL in addition to MySQL (preferred) and Oracle.
- Frontend and full stack experience designing web apps with Jam.py, Django, and/or FLASK is preferred. However, node.JS, express.js, Ruby-on-Rails, Asp.NET or similar .NET are acceptable.
- Experience working with battery and electrochemical testing equipment (potentiostat, galvanostat, industrial battery cyclers/testers) a big plus, experience working with electronics hardware (multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.) also a plus.
- Proven record of accomplishment creating, deploying and maintaining a database, Battery Testing Data preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Battery Test Database Developer will be a critical member of our client’s team. This role will have technical flexibility to collaborate with the R&D Scientist and the Operations team to create a test database tool that will accelerate the analysis of data and facilitate the rapid advancement of world changing battery technology. This position reports directly to the VP of Operations.
- Lead an effort to establish a relational database and secure interface (intranet Web App/API, interface with barcode, QC code, or ERP system).
- Conduct research and make a recommendation to either purchase an existing database (and customize) or develop from scratch.
- Work collaboratively with research and operations team members and deploy forms, reports and queries.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate, propose and implement solutions.
- Develop and implement database system change control and test verification processes.
- Document source code and create supporting technical documents as needed.
Associate: Jean M. Nolan