June 27, 2017
Location: Bay Area
Our client is at the heart of the global shift to OLED technology. They develop and manufacture advanced Inkjet Printing systems that are being used in R&D and production applications at “household name” display manufacturers.
They are looking for a Total Product Support (TPS) Engineer with an IT support specialization to support the development of their proprietary manufacturing equipment for fabricating the next generation of flat screen displays—organic light emitting diode (OLED) displays. They have developed unique printing technology ideally suited for OLED display manufacturing and are building a talented, top-notch team to develop, optimize, and commercialize OLED manufacturing processes based on this technology. The Total Support Engineer should be familiar with one or more of the following areas: IT systems support, capital equipment software and computing systems. This position reports to TPS Manager.
Responsibilities (one or more of the following):
- Rebuilding/reimaging Windows based operating system machines including company software.
- Basic Understanding of TCP/IP, routing and troubleshooting is required.
- Troubleshoot Windows 7, remote access and network connectivity issues
- Install, maintain, and upgrade Windows 7 operating software.
- Install, maintain, and upgrade company operating software in a Windows environment
- Install new applications and keep them up-to-date with latest patches.
- Ability to keep detailed documentation of system issues and resolutions.
- Maintain records for system configuration, current software revisions, and upgrade plans for the company installed base.
- Manage system Backup and test recovery methods.
- License compliance and asset tracking.
- Moving, setting up, and connecting equipment.
- Document upgrade, configuration, and maintenance procedures for field service personnel.
- Install, maintain, configure, and upgrade Beckhoff PC software.
- Troubleshoot communications between embedded system components within company’s network environment
- Maintain and troubleshoot NAS/RAID devices.
- Interface with 3rd party vendors and customers regarding their system interactions with company computing systems.
- Establish a spares plan with GPS Engineering that ensures high system reliability.
- Write action plans for field service personnel during troubleshooting and escalations.
- Develop and provide training for field service personnel.
Qualifications (one or more of the following):
Basic Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, firewalls/basics of network.
A CCNA / a similar networking certificate is preferred but can substituted by networking experience.
Experience in field service with large capital equipment suppliers to the semiconductor, display, solar, or PCB industries desired.
Experience working in Asia desired.
Ability to respond to support calls after regular work hours.
Up to 30% travel required.
Minimum, associate's degree (A. A.) or technical school with 0-1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science desired.
Excellent attitude and ability to maintain superior customer service at all times with users in Asia.
Desire to work in fast paced and rapidly changing display manufacturing environment.
Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Needs to be good at asking questions that drive to discovery of problem/troubleshooting.
Must be able to use a reasonable amount of judgment under minimal supervision.
Team-oriented; willing to communicate with other team members, and be an advocate between IT team and end-users.
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin